Jan 8, 2012

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS



New Year's Eve has always been a time for looking back to the past and forward to the coming year. It's a time to reflect on the changes we want  to make. The beginning of a new year is a great time to begin something new. You have the excitement of the fresh new year to help you carry out new plans to improve your life or to make it more enjoyable.
- Listen to these kids making some New Year's Resolutions and try to fill in the blanks below the video.
Then  add two New Year's Resolutions of your own



Notice some expressions you can use to express resolutions: 
 I plan on (-ing)/ I plan to…/ I aim to…/ It’s my goal to…/ I've promised myself that…/ I'm going to.../ I intend to...



1- This year I’m gonna (1) ……………….more time with my kids.
2- I’m gonna (2)……………… gossiping; Did you see what she (3)………………….?;I know!
3- This year I’m gonna (4)……………….a bikers’ gang.
4- This year I’m gonna (5)…………….. my shopping.
5- This year I’m gonna (6) ……………..spending six dollars on a (7)………………
6- I’m going to (8)……… my anger. What (9)……………? Can’t you see I’m trying to work here?
7-I’m going to (10)……………… that special girl. How are you doing?
8- Pick it up!
9- This year I’m going to (11)……………………………… more.
10-This year I’m gonna get rid of this pot belly.
11-I’m gonna (12) ……………….. more about the (13)……………………
12- I’m gonna be a (14)……………… handyman.
13- This year I’m gonna (15)…………… my own (16)……………….
14- I’m gonna tithe (17)……………….. of my gross pay.
15- This year I’ll (18)……………… off all my debts.
16- I’m gonna (19) ………………….to school and get my (20)……………..
17- I’m gonna (21)………………… a marathon.
18- I’m gonna quit (22)…………………..
19- This year I’ll (23)……………….my road rage.
20- I’m gonna (24)…………..a daily (25)………. time. OK maybe a monthly (26)……… time.

- Choose your favourite cartoon and draw one of your own.
New Year's Resolutions 1

No comments :

Post a Comment